Directions from the Bus Terminus (11 min walk).
The Bus doesn’t always drop you at the stop, if not ask for Parku or Spital (hospital) and follow map from there.
- From bus stop go uphill & turn left onto Lefter Talo Street.
- At end of the street, turn right onto Onhezmi Street.
- At roundabout bear right onto Idriz Alidhima Street.
- Take 2nd left onto Ismail Qemali Street.
- Take 2nd right onto E Arberit Street.
Look up ahead to Hairy Lemon’s 8th floor balcony, to see Albanian and Irish flags. After dark look out for coloured lights! Ring bell if door is locked, take lift to 8th floor, turn left and we are at last door on left!
Directions from the Port (10 min walk).
With your back to the Port turn left and continue on this coastal road 1 km until you see a small restaurant on the left called Kasandra Fast Food, (about 150m after the Andon Lapa Hotel). This is the junction between Mitat Hoxha and E Arberit Streets. If you look up at the building opposite the Fast Food restaurant to the 8th floor, you’ll see Irish and and Albanian flags hanging from our balcony. Go to the opposite side of this building to find the entrance and take the lift to the 8th floor. From the lift go left, and the Hairy Lemon awaits you, behind the last door on the left!
Buses to Saranda Within Albania
- Buses leave from “Myhedin Llegami” street at: 7:00, 8:30, and 9:30 every day
- also from “Zhan Dark” Blvd at: 4:00, 5:00, 16:00, 22.00
- This journey takes about 8 hours and costs 1300 Lek!
- Buses leave at 8:00, 14:00 every day
- This journey takes about 6 hours and costs 1000 Lek!
- Buses leave at 6:00
- This journey takes about 8 hours and costs 1200 Lek!
- There are several buses from Gjirokaster throughout the day
- the journey takes about an hour and a half and costs 300 Lek!
Bus To/From Athens
- Buses run twice daily from Saranda to Athens as well as from Athens to Saranda.
- Buses leave from Athens to Saranda at 8:30 and 20:00
- Buses Leave from Saranda to Athens 7:00 and 19:00
- Buses arrive and depart Athens on Theodorou Deligianni Street, just outside the Metaksurgjio Metro stop
- the journey takes approximately 10 hours
Ferries To/From Corfu
- There are ferries every day connecting Saranda to Corfu
- To Corfu from Saranda: Sunday at 12:45; Monday through Saturday at 10:30 and 16:00
- From Corfu to Saranda: Sunday through Friday at 9:00 and 18:30; Saturday at 9:00
- The morning ferry takes 40 minutes each way while the afternoon ferry takes 90 minutes; both ferries cost 19 Euros each way
- This schedule changes often throughout the summer and in high season run much more frequently
Flights to Corfu
- The following airlines offer regular flights to and from Corfu
- Wizzair – Ryan Air – Easy Jet – Jet 2 – German Wings – Jetairfly – Monarch – Blu-express – Malev – Tuifly – Thomas Cook